Foster Youth Services Frequently Asked Questions

Foster Youth Services Frequently Asked Questions

I don't know which program I qualify for? What should I do?
We recommend you submit an application. One of our staff members will contact you and help you through the application process. APPLY HERE
Do I need to be eligible for EOPS to apply?
No, you do not have to be in EOPS to our Bear Cub Scholars Program. 
Can I be in both NextUp and Bear Cub Scholars Programs?
No, you can only be in one program at a time.
I was told I needed to provide proof that I was in foster care. How do I get my Foster Youth Verification Letter?
We have three suggestions for tracking down your Foster Youth Verification Letter:
  • If your case is currently open, contact your social worker or probation officer: Your Social worker or probation officer should have access to your Foster Youth Verification letter.
  • If you were in foster care in Sonoma County, submit this Foster Youth Verification Request Form.
  • If you were in foster care outside of Sonoma County and in California, contact the Foster Care Ombudsman’s office at 1-877-846-1602.
I submitted my application. What's next?
 Once we receive your application, one of our staff  will contact you by phone or email to set an appointment.