The NextUp program, also known as CAFYES (Cooperating Agencies for Foster Youth Educational Support), works in conjunction with Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) to tailor and expand on the services that are being offered to current and former foster youth attending Santa Rosa Junior College. Our mission is to empower our students by providing them with the support they need to reach their academic goals. NextUp offers academic counseling, financial assistance, and educational resources to encourage a successful and enriching college experience for all of the students we serve.
- Be a California resident or Non-Resident Tuition Exempt (AB-540) status.
- Qualify for a California College Promise Grant, Type A1, A2, A3, or B (formerly known as the Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW).
- Be considered a current or former foster youth in California whose dependency was established or continued by the court on or after your 16th birthday.
- Be enrolled in 9 or more units at time of application (unless approved for less through Disability Resources Department -DRD).
- Not older than 25 at the beginning of the academic year
- Academic Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Book & Supply Grants
- Tickets for on-campus dining hall
- Vehicle Maintenance Grants
- Child Care Grants
- Unmet Need Grants
- Parking Permits
- Referrals for on-campus and off-campus resources
- Emergency food and gas cards
- Health and Wellness workshops
- College Transfer Assistance